LNFI Fun Run 2018
LNFI Fun Run 2018
Mark your calendars and get ready for the LNFI Fun Run on Thursday, March 8. We'll be having fun and raising money for next year's interns. This is our biggest fundraiser for the year and the money we raise helps pay for interns for the 2018-19 school year.
Interns are the #1 investment that the PTO makes for our kids’ education. Interns lower student-to-teacher ratios, increase students' exposure to native accents, and provide a unique cultural experience for our kids.
The PTO is collaborating with Apex Fun Run for our run this year. Apex Fun Run is a national program designed to help schools raise money while promoting student leadership and fitness – www.apexfunrun.com. Apex Fun Run staff will be working with our teachers and students from February 26 to March 7 – culminating in the Fun Run on Thursday, March 8.
The Fun Run is a pledge-based fundraiser. Students solicit pledges from family members, neighbors, friends, etc. for the laps they will run during the Fun Run. Sponsors can pledge $1 per lap, $2 per lap, $5 per lap, or any other amount for their students.
In order to make the Fun Run a success, we need your help:
• Help your child in asking for and getting pledges from family and friends. The more pledges we have, the more money we raise for next year’s interns. Fundraising packets will be coming home on Monday, February 26.
• Volunteer to help with the Fun Run. We need ten parents per grade level to help with the run. You can volunteer at: www.lnfi-pto.org/volunteer.
• Attend the Fun Run and cheer on our student runners!
Every student gets to participate in the Fun Run whether or not they raise pledges. Everyone gets fun prizes and team awards.
Fun Run Times: kindergarten - 2:20 p.m., 1st grade - 9:55 a.m., 2nd grade – 10:50 a.m., 3rd grade – 3:05 p.m., 4th grade – 1:35 p.m., 5th grade – 12:10 p.m.
- March 8, 20182018-03-08T09:55:00 - March 8, 2018 2018-03-08T03:30:00
- 9:55 AM 2018-03-08T09:55:00 - 3:30 PM 2018-03-08T03:30:00
- Hazel Park Rec Center